James J. Ford, MD
Dr. Ford is a fellowship trained, board certified orthopedic surgeon who has been practicing in Massachusetts since 1994. Dr. Ford has been at Seacoast Orthopedics since 2001.
Dr. Ford’s practice focus is general orthopedic surgery with a special focus on hip and knee conditions including arthritic conditions and sports injuries. Dr. Ford performs total hip replacements, total knee replacements, and arthroscopic procedures to the knee including ACL reconstructions.
Dr. Ford is active in the care of athletes and is currently the team physician at the Gov. Academy in Byfield.
- MAKO – The Mako technology provides your surgeon with a patient-specific 3-D model to pre-plan your partial knee replacement. Learn More…
- VISIONAIRE – Visionaire is a system that uses your own MRI and X-Ray images to design and build surgical instruments customized specifically for your unique knee anatomy. Learn More…
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- ACL reconstruction
- Sports Medicine
- University of Texas at Houston, Houston,Tx
- Sports Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip and Knee
- Tufts Affiliated Hospitals Orthopedic Program, Boston, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- General Surgery
- Tufts University School Of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Master’s Degree in Physiology
- Tufts University, Medford, MA
- BA, Economics
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1996
- Recertified, 2006
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- Massachusetts Orthopedic Association
- Massachusetts Medical Association