The physicians at Seacoast Orthopedics understand that many orthopedic conditions, specifically fractures and surgical procedures, may require narcotic pain medication to help control your pain. Narcotic medications have many side effects, the most serious being that they can be very addictive. Other side effects include, but are not limited to, confusion, nausea and vomiting, constipation, fatigue, unsteadiness and difficulty with urination. Excessive doses of Tylenol, which is in many pain medications, may also cause liver damage. The physicians therefore are very careful in prescribing these medications. Please read the specific policy points below.
1. All medications should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
2. If all the prescribed medication is taken prior to the refill date, then the refill request will be denied.
3. New prescriptions will not be written for lost or stolen prescriptions.
4. Narcotic prescriptions are not written for undiagnosed pain.
5. Chronic pain or pain beyond that which is normally expected for a specific condition that continues to require narcotic medication will be referred to a pain management clinic.
6. To ensure that you have the medications when you need them please call the office before 3 PM . You must allow 24 hours for medication prescriptions to be sent to your pharmacy.
7. No prescriptions will be filled at night or on weekends.